Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Cabbage Patch Doll

Who knew that thinking about a homemade Cabbage Patch Doll could have me in tears.  This project for Family Dynamics has really ripped open a lot of old wounds for me.  I learned things about what led to my parents divorce that I didn't know before.  Knowing that my dad let me believe that it was all my mom's fault ("your mom wanted the divorce"... I can't tell you how many times I've heard that over the years) for 20+ years was devastating.  But some good did come out of it.  The air is now clear around my mom.  I no longer blame her, because it wasn't her fault.  And I'm at the place now where I can just let my dad be about what I know.  I don't think it's necessary to bring it up at this point.  I think it would cause more harm than good by causing him pain.  I believe he's suffered enough pain over the years due to his poor choices.  I don't need to add to it by confronting him about this.  Maybe one day it will come up organically.  If so, I'll be able to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.