Saturday, June 1, 2013

Have Tools, Will Work

Or maybe that title should say... Will Work For Tools... 'cause I can always use more tools.

I got a slow start to my morning.  I played a little Castleville.  I tried to use Facebook but it still seems to be acting wonky.  Last night, I couldn't post at all and today I could post but I couldn't see other friends posts even though I was getting notifications that they had posted.

The crazy storm that came through last night brought cooler temps with it, so earlier this afternoon after I finally ate something, I went out and pulled siding off the house.  The aluminum siding is old and the wood underneath it needs care.  We're just going to pull all the aluminum off and go back to the wood siding underneath it.  It's going to need some repair and prep work done to it and then painting but pulling the old aluminum off is pretty quick work.

I did three small sides of the house this afternoon, the outside walls to the bathroom.  What nails I couldn't get pulled out got hammered back in.  I pulled off the paper they put on over the wood siding and the staples they used to attach it.  All three of those walls are now ready to be scraped and pressure washed in preparation to be prepped and painted.

I'll need to get Dodger up on a taller ladder to pull off the aluminum along the taller sides.  I won't go up on a ladder any taller than the one I had to get up on today.  I'm not fond of heights.  Then I can pull off the rest of the siding.  We should have this prepped and ready to paint in a few months.

After I finished up with that, I picked up some of the sticks that the storm last night knocked out of the trees around the house.  Everything could be broken up with my hands and feet, so nothing major.  Nothing like Monday's mess.

I'd like to do some more picking up behind the garage but I think it's too wet to mess with and my feet are starting to bother me, so I think I'll be done with the hard work for the day.  I've got laundry and dishes to do inside.

Aluminum siding, ready for the curb.
Someone always picks up my metal from the curb for scraping.

Back to the wood.
This is the area just to the right of our backdoor.

This is the corner right around to the right of the picture above.
I have cracks in the foundation to fix, too, plus some rotted wood just above it.

My recent eBay purchase arrived today, a DeWalt reciprocating saw... aka sawzall.
I hope it works right.  It's always a gamble when purchasing something used off of eBay
but this guy had a 100% positive feedback rating, so I went for it.
I just need blades and then more cutting of things will commence!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.