Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where to Get Your Credit Reports for Free

No, NOT dot com. This one actually is free. There's no need to sign-up for extra services you don't need and have to pay for to get your credit report for free. You are, by law, entitled to it for free. Where you need to go is www.annualcreditreport.com. You can then choose to receive your reports from the three major credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion) all at once or you can choose one at a time, spread out over the year. You can order one free credit report per 12 months per reporting agency.

I just ordered and printed out my credit report from Experian. I'll request my report from Equifax four months from now and my report from TransUnion eight months from now. Nothing on my current report has really changed from the last time I received one. That's good.

I do wish that my credit score came with it for free but that is not the case. I could order it from Experian for $5.95, which really isn't so bad. Oh, and as I understand it, you will have a different credit score from all three reporting agencies, too. So, I think it would be a good investment to go ahead and pay the small fee to get my credit score, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.