Saturday, June 27, 2009

Surprise Golf Outing

Dodger took the day off from work today and so he decided to surprise Dancer by taking her to the driving range this afternoon. He told her *they* were going to be here to pick her up at 1pm and to be ready, I played along. So, she did just that. At first she thought it was her grandparents picking her up but she thought that was weird because she was sure that they had just left for their vacation yesterday. So, I said, "did I say *they*?" But I refused to tell her who was picking her up. All the while Dodger is getting cleaned up and she doesn't really notice because she's watching out the front door for whoever is supposed to be her surprise pick-up.

Dodger ends up pulling back down the drive to the front of the house and honks. Dancer mouths "you're crazy" to him and she opens the door and he says "grab your golf clubs." You should have seen her smile. She turns to me and says, "he's taking me golfing... I was wondering why he kept asking me about things." LOL.

He's also taking her to Subway because she's been talking about wanting Subway all morning.

What a cute thing for him to pull off for her. She's been wanting him to take her to the driving range for ages now. I got after him last week about it, again. I'm glad he took this opportunity to do this for her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.