Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Simple Evening

Dodger just arrived home this morning from a fishing trip to Reelfoot Lake in TN. I had a good flow going with housework and all over the past few days. His entrance home threw a wrench into that. He's been napping most of the afternoon and evening. Dancer went over to my mom and step-dad's place this afternoon to add some flowers to our planters and just hang-out.

I figured since it was just going to be me and Dodger here for dinner that I should make something simple. I ended up making Sloppy Joes and Green Beans. I haven't eaten yet and he's still asleep.... pretty simple and convenient being that I just browned some ground turkey that I set out to thaw earlier in the day and used canned sauce mix and canned green beans. I do use canned items pretty often because I don't like to cook and I'm not very good at it and canned can cost less and is easy for me to just throw together. This meal, although uneaten at the moment, cost me a whole $2.50 for the roll of ground turkey, can of sloppy joe sauce, can of green beans, and the few cents a few slices of bread and cheese cost. It took maybe all of 10 minutes to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.