Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What we've been up to

It's been too long since I've posted. I've gotten back into a workout routine and post regularly on eDiets again. I even signed up for a challenge there. With that and posting on the unschooling yahoo groups, I've neglected my blog a bit.

A few weekends ago my friend Sarah and I took all the kids to the Prairie Celebration at Rock Springs. It's a festival of the way of life of how things were done in the past... many things in our area. We went last year... so we knew it would be good. We saw the raptor show again... and this time we were able to see the dulcimers play (that was really cool) and there was a Celtic fusion band there called the Emerald Underground.

THEY WERE AWESOME! I've always loved Celtic music because of my Irish heritage... and this just added that extra rock-n-roll sound to it... I can't tell you how good it was... it gave me chills.

Last weekend we went to the Arts In The Park in Central Park. Lots of fabulous artistry there! I bought a woven purse (the only booth that didn't have it over my price range)... it's just beautiful. I was really drawn to all of the fiber art booths... because I have always loved fabrics and textiles. I've been sewing and working with textiles since I was 5. We had a fabulous lunch with my friend SL and the kids at an Italian restaurant downtown. We even stopped at one of the local art galleries and I bought the adorable little hanging tea light lamps... which I wired to my railing on my porch. I now need to pick up some tea lights at the store and sit out on my porch in the evening and enjoy them (though it's darn cold here right now!.... it's supposed to warm up by the weekend).

Awana started at church on Sunday. I'm starting to take over the responsibilities of the Awana office... some things need tweaking but I'm not going to push it.

Oh, the new homeschool co-op  started a few weeks ago. My daughter is taking karate there... and she's just loving it.

We're just keeping active and getting out and enjoying life. It's getting chilly and I'll be coming up on the time where I struggle with seasonal depression... time to break out the light box. But with the exercise, the healthy diet, lots of water, supplements, the light box, and getting out and doing thing (we're going to try cross country skiing this year)... I'm hoping that the depression doesn't hit me so hard this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.