Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Back to Blogging

For the past 3 or 4 days, I've been getting things cleaned up here on the blog.  As my final stop in the blog-o-sphere, Circa 1975 has been awhile in the making.  I've blogged here there and everywhere since August 2005 (before that, I was building personal websites and playing around with HTML).  I've had this blog set up for awhile now (at least a few years) but had only processed about half of the posts I imported from all of my other blog archives.  I've been busy... finishing up undergrad and starting graduate school.  Now nearing the end of my last summer semester in the counseling program and getting a daily reprieve from the symptoms (compulsive food and exercise behaviors, anxiety, and procrastination) of my illness, I felt a spark to start creating again.  So, I had to get my blog posts cleaned up and processed.

It's been an amazing process to go back through all of these old posts.  There are so many memories, both good and bad, here.  I kept them all.  There were a few things that I lost, like a few handfuls of Keek videos, which can't be recovered in any way.  That's a little sad.  That's what happens with new social media start-ups though.  Here one day, gone the next.  It's a reminder that I should back up everything.

Now, to fill in the spaces where I wasn't heavily blogging, I'm going back through my Facebook memories and pulling information from there to post here.  Once moved, I'm deleting my old Facebook memories.  I really want this to be the one place that I keep a journal of everything.  One day, I hope to share this with my daughter and husband.  But for now, it's just me and anyone who stops by to read.

I'm also starting to clean up and organize all of my digital photos.  I've been able to add some photos to old blog posts.  As I process the photos, I will add more.  I may backdate some just for posterity's sake.  If a photo is from 2000, I think it's a little odd to post it in 2019.  I wouldn't do that in a physical journal.  So, why do it here.

Now, I must pull myself away from this very fun project and finish up an assignment due tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.