Sunday, November 1, 2009

We had a long but great day

We had a long but great day. We had to get up early for Dancer's beginner horse class that started at 10. I got up at 8 and dressed before waking Dancer. While Dancer was getting ready, I ran down to the sports center to register Dancer for golf lessons. After I did that, I ran to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients I needed to make what I was going to take to the Halloween party this evening. My timing was perfect at both places, people started to flow in just as I was leaving.

I got back in time to throw the ingredients in the crock-pot before needing to take off for the horse pasture. On the way there, I ran by the credit union to drop off a check from my mom. She helps pay, along with my dad, for Dancer's dance lessons.

After we got to the pasture, Dancer went to her class and I sat and read more in a home-business book I'm reading. I'm hoping the book will help me organize my space as well as my head so that I can get my business ideas off the ground.

After class, we stopped by Walgreens to pick up a few things for my costume for the party. I needed black lipstick and temporary hair coloring. I was hoping to find black but settled for purple instead. Dancer talked me into getting her a can of blue hair coloring to add to her costume.

We spent the rest of our afternoon getting ready for the party. We were ready in plenty of time to run over to my mom's for a bit before the party. My mom usually dresses up and hands out candy but tonight she and my step-dad thought they might dress up and go watch the midget wrestling that was in town at the fairgrounds. I guess if you dressed up there was a $5 discount from the entry fee.

After a few pictures at my mom's we headed over to Shanna's house for the party. Once all the guests arrived, we ate (I gave myself a free day on food) and played the sticker on the back game. Once it got dark we all headed out to walk with the kids while they went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.

I swear we walked forever, it felt like it by the time we got back. LOL. The kids all went inside to sort their loot and the adults went out to keep toasty by the fire. At some point the kids went out to jump on the trampoline (12 kids) and a few of them jammed on Rock Band for the evening. It all wrapped up about 10. I stayed for just a little longer to help clean up a bit, I don't like leaving anyone with a mess, and to chat. We left around 10:30.

Dodger didn't come with us to the party this year. I've been a little worried about him lately. I think he has a low grade depression. I think it's a bit of a mix of all of the changes and stressors in our lives lately. He was still asleep when we left for my mom's this afternoon. I had sent him a text right after leaving my mom's to tell him about the truck my step-dad wants to give him (Dodger's truck is literally being held together by duct tape. He starts the damn thing with a screwdriver. It's really surprising that the thing still runs). Step-dad got a newer truck that is big enough to tote his cycle in the bed.

Anyway, back to my point, I sent Dodger a text and didn't worry about it all evening until after 10 when I checked my phone and he hadn't texted back. I sent him another one and nothing. That's when I started calling both his cell and our home phone. He never picked up, so I started to worry. My stomach was in knots by the time we got home. I even told Dancer that he wasn't answering his phone so I was going to go into the house first just to be sure he was ok. He had just turned his phone down so he wouldn't be disturbed while he slept and out home phone hand-set was in Dancer's room, so he didn't hear it. LOL. Why is it that the worst of things go through my head?

Ah well, all is well. Dancer and I showered to get the coloring out of our hair. We both ate a little something. Her feet were hurting and burning because of the cold and the walking. So she laid down and I brought her food to her. She shared a bit of her loot and then went to bed.

I have been hanging out in the living room with Dodger. We watched CSI Miami and are now watching some forensic show on TruTV. I still have to clean off my bed before I can lay down. It's still covered with clothing, jewelry and make-up that I sorted through to find what I needed for my costume. I guess I'll go to bed soon.

Here's the recipe for what I took to the party tonight. I was a big hit. The whole thing was empty by the end of the evening.

1-1/2 to 2 pkg of hot dogs (depending on the amount of people)
1 can of cherry pie filling (I used 2)
1/2 cup brown sugar

Cut hot dogs into bit sized pieces. Add all ingredients to a crock-pot and heat. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.