Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Blind Side

Friday Dancer felt well enough to go to tennis lessons. After lessons we went to see The Blind Side with my mom and step-dad. I saw Dancer's attitude change a bit when I told her that we were going to see the movie. I think the change was more about being around my mom then anything else. Her knees did start to bother her again after lessons were over. I was finally able to talk her into taking some asprin when we were in the theatre waiting for the movie to start.

The movie sold out. The theatre had to turn away people. They did have a whole local football team come to watch the show. I think the coach wanted to get them psyched up for their playoff game the next night. If they won (which they did) it meant they were headed to the state championship.

The movie was awesome. I had moments of tears. Moments to be thankful for people like the Tughy's who would pick up some kid they didn't know and take him in and nurture his spirit and talent. Moments to be thankful that someone like Michael Oher made it out of the terrible situation he grew up in. Moments of pure sadness that so many more don't make it out.

I looked him up on the internet yesterday to get a little more of his story. This morning Dodger showed me a small article about him in his Sports Weekly. It basically said the same stuff that I had read on the net. You don't have to love football to love this movie. The football was just a bonus for me. I happen to love football.

-----------------------------------------

Yesterday Dancer went bowling with my dad in the afternoon. They got home earlier than expected because Dancer didn't want to go eat afterwards. Dad came in for a bit when he brought her home. He asked if Dancer was ok. He said she seemed a little down. I mentioned that I had noticed a bit of a change in her lately and it's probably a mix of the weather here (SAD might be an issue... it affects me), her worries about her knees, and the way my mom has been treating her.

We also talked a little bit about the move. He wanted to make sure that that wasn't a part of Dancer's mood. I told him that I hadn't said anything specific to her about it yet and that I can't even get Dodger to talk about it. Dad said not to stress about it because it may be some time yet. Who knows when his case will actually go to court. I did tell him that I was scared because it's a huge change. I would do it in a heartbeat but it affects more than just me.

Dodger went out to a friends house to watch a state basketball game. He left around 7 and was back by 11. Dad called while he was gone to talk more about the move. He's worried that I'm worried about it. I told him that I really want to. I've wanted to live there for a long time. There's so much there and it would open up our world dramatically. I'm mostly worried about the money situation of it and how it will affect Dancer with all of her friends and most of her family here. It would have been easier to move when Dancer was much younger. Our house is nearly paid off and I don't want the move to affect us negatively financially. I want to be out from under any debt not get into more. As it is now, we'll be out of debt by the time I'm 40.

I'm sure it will all work out. I just happen to be a worrier. Got it honestly. My grandma was a worrier.

-----------------------------------------

Today Dancer has Nutcracker practice. She's actually there right now. I'm in the parking lot catching up on my blogging here.

I'm dropping her off at my mom's afterwards. She's feeling better today and when my step-dad called her earlier she said she wanted to go over.

When I get home I need to catch up on housework. I'll finish blogging later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.