Tuesday, November 24, 2009

a big pain in my butt

I guess Dancer had an ok time at my mom's last evening. She came home in a decent mood.

-----------------------------------------

Today I wanted to get up early but I only managed to get up at 10. I didn't really get around to starting my day till 11.

I am glad Doc has been blogging again. I was reading one of her recent posts last night and she was answering a question about her homeschooling journey. She posted a link that led to her whole homeschooling story. She called herself a classical unschooler. Kind-of her own brand of unschooling that fit her kids. I was inspired to get my days more routine. So today I started to track what we do daily that one would consider educational. I even logged things under the Hobbies section that didn't nicely fit into a regular educational subject. I set up Homeschool Skedtrack last month to start tracking things and just needed to make a few adjustments to what I already had done. I even started reading to Dancer, which I sadly say that I've never done. I figure it's never too late to change. Dancer is 13 and there's still plenty of time to cram lots in. We haven't been to the library in ages. I owe fines. I can pay them now, so we need to go back.

I got another 3 shelf bookcase from my step-dad yesterday when I dropped Dancer off there. I should be able to stack it on top of another one just like it and get all of our educational books better organized.

Dodger is a big pain in my butt when it comes to bookshelves. He doesn't like them but we really need them. We have a huge one that used to hang on the wall in our living room. Dodger took it down when he ripped off the paneling and put up drywall and he refuses to put it back up. I guess I'll just have to line my bedroom walls with shelves. I don't know how anyone can homeschool without proper shelving. I know our house is tiny (800 sq ft) but the only way to go in such a small place is up.

Dodger is so lazy sometimes. There is so much to be done around here and he just sits on his ass in front of the computer. When he takes days off from work because of rain he doesn't do crap around here. It infuriates me more when he takes days off that he shouldn't and then doesn't do anything. WTF.

I'm going to run through tonight's episodes of House and Big Bang Theory and then go to bed so I can get up earlier tomorrow. I think it's supposed to rain, so Dodger will be here in our way and annoying us. Grrrrr. I told him earlier that he could take Dancer to the Y and play basketball if he doesn't work. All he was worried about was what I was going to do with my time if he did that. I really want to know what his problem is. If he's depressed (which he would NEVER admit to) then he needs to take St. John's Wort and start taking better care of himself. I'm tired of asking him to start taking care of himself. He knows what to do, he just refuses to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.