Thursday, November 12, 2009

I got so much done yesterday

I do realize that I didn't blog yesterday. I actually remembered as I was getting in bed and turning off the lights at 3 am this morning. At that time of night/morning I just didn't care. I was going to update yesterday's events at co-op this afternoon but walked out the door and left the iTouch at home.

I got so much done yesterday. I got some sewing done, some house cleaning done and a whole heck of a lot of blogging done. Yippy! Yesterday was not a normal day. I usually only have my late mornings and afternoons free to blog but yesterday Dodger was gone to work for most of the day and in the evening he had to go and do a playoff draft for the fantasy football league he's in. He was gone all night. I think he left around 6:30 and didn't get home till 12:30. Dancer was tired and didn't want to go to her dance class, so that left me the whole night to get things done.

Dodger came home pretty toasted, which I'm never happy about since we've had a bad history with alcohol in our relationship, I didn't give him too much crap about it. I just let him know that I thought he was a butt for drinking and driving, especially since he was driving MY truck. Drinking and driving is stupid no matter what your age but by the time you get to our age (mid-thirties) it's just completely dumb-ass.

I'm glad that after he got home he pretty much went straight to bed. I know I couldn't have dealt with any issues or fighting.

------------------------------------

Today, even though I didn't go to bed till 3 this morning, I was up by 10:30. I tried to lay in bed longer but when you're up, you're up. Dancer had homeschool co-op today. It was the last day this semester. Next week is our culmination party. There's been such drama with one of our members that I can't wait for the break and for that family to be gone.

I always run errands on Thursday afternoons since we are already out. I had to go to the post office and then we stopped by the grocery store on the way home. We needed milk and bananas, what we usually need more of every week. Dancer and I picked out a few items that I wouldn't normally buy but I have a bit extra money in my food budget this month.

When we got home, Dodger was asleep. I know he was up pretty early for work since I heard him this morning. I'm not sure when he got home this afternoon but he was sound asleep when we got home around 3:30. Because he was sleeping, I took the opportunity to get some more work done on my blog. I played with Feedburner and joined a few networking communities. I got some work done on Twitter, too.

Now I'm at the dance studio, out in my truck, waiting for Dancer to finish up another class. I've looked up who sings Dream On. It was playing on the way here and Dancer knew it was Aerosmith but I wasn't sure because Steven Tyler's voice sounds so different in the song. Most peeps on the net think it's because he was younger and hadn't done damage to his voice yet.

Dodger is up now (he just called) so when we get home, then I'll watch CSI (last night's and tonight's) with him. I asked him to cook the Salisbury steak that Dancer wanted from the store today. It will be nice to have dinner ready when we get home.

I need to read tonight. I have another idea for my blog and need to read the first part of this book to work on my post about it. I want it to be ready by the first of the week.

Tomorrow I need to work on finding some good affiliate programs and getting my blog link out there for more people to find. I also need to SEO my blog posts so that the stuff people are searching for comes up. For the most part this means having my post title showing before my blog title in searches. I think all I need to do is add some code to my layout.

Eventually I'll probably do some of that same stuff with this blog. Again, Dooce did it so why can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.