Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Today was cold and rainy

Today was cold and rainy. I hate spending so much time inside. I did a little bit of work online today but not as much as I wanted to. I felt just a little out-of-sorts today and that always hinders my focus.

Dodger went to the DMV to transfer over everything from the truck my step-dad gave him on Saturday. After he got home he called the Auto Parts/Junk Yard to get details on junking his old truck. He drove his old truck there and I went in my truck to give him a ride home. He got $100 for that beat-up old thing that has no drivers-side window and has to start with a screwdriver instead of a key. lol. All totaled the "new" truck only cost him $5. ::high five:: When we got home from there, he had just enough time to call the insurance place and get his insurance transferred over. He's ready to drive the thing... I just needs some stupid bumper stickers taken off. The McCain one from the last election (Dodger doesn't want it because he says McCain is a loser... and Dodger is a conservative... lol) and this really stupid one that says "Typical White Person". Dodger was like WTF!... what the hell is that supposed to mean? We both agreed that it was totally racist... which is typical talk on that side of my family. Bigots. He REALLY needs to get that off of there before he drives his truck around to work.

Dancer didn't go to dance again tonight. Her knees have been bothering her and I think she's just burnt-out. I told her she could have this week off to rest. She missed last Wed. class, too. I'm worried about her but what can I do? It's not like we have a doctor. The clinic would take forever to get an appointment at. Our medical card is basically for emergencies only (except I have a great OB/GYN that takes it, no problems, didn't even phase them that I had one). Any advice on the knee issue? Anything I could get from the health food store or order online that might help?

Dancer just went to bed. Dodger fell asleep around 10:30. I'm taking some time on the computer to catch up on taking surveys and to update my blog here. I just ordered Dancer some new ballet shoes for the Nutcracker performance. The ones she has now are falling apart. The literally have holes where her big toes are. I don't want her dancing in nasty looking shoes when she'll be wearing a beautiful blue dress for her part in the NC. I'm glad that I had about $12 in my Paypal account from taking surveys. That makes less money coming out of my checking account.

My thoughts really are with friends right now. I have one going in for surgery on a small tumor on her finger tomorrow and another who's about to have all of her utilities cute off and can't buy food because her DH has been out of work for too many months. It's at these times that I feel so helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.