Friday, March 29, 2013

Excuse Me While I Take a Break

I haven't been shy about my thoughts about leaving Facebook.  I blogged about it earlier in the week and a few nights ago I went on an internet search to read about why other people have given Facebook the axe.  I found all sorts of reasons, from privacy concerns, to Facebook's lack of concern for their users, to personal reasons for quitting.

One post I came across was by well-known blogger, Steve Pavlina. titled "30-Day Facebook Fast."  I don't need to go into all of the details.  You can read it for yourself.  I just found myself agreeing with all of his points and after thinking it over, I've decided to take a 30-day Facebook break during the month of April.  So on March 31st, I'm going to log-out of Facebook and won't return until May 1st.

My friend, Bea, from across the sea left Facebook a few months ago for personal reasons.  I think that's what has given me the confidence to try the 30-day break.

Me and Bea
I was so thrilled to get to meet her last fall
when she was in the states traveling with her boys...
who are totally adorable, by the way.

I'm really going to challenge myself to focus on the things that I haven't been consistent in before now and to try new things during the month.

Here are a few things I'm going to focus on during my break:
  • Fitness & Health - I'm not very consistent when it comes to this.  I plan to read more about what it takes to really transform my body and to tip-toe a bit further into cooking.
  • Blogging - I really want to make a point to blog something everyday.  I've always been pretty good with the behind-the-scenes of blogging, with coding and what-not, but now I want to start to focus on the actual act of putting words and images down and hitting Publish.
  • Connecting - I really want to focus on connecting and reconnecting with certain people in my life by making phone calls, writing letters and notes, and when necessary using email.
  • Creating - I used to be an avid sewer and crafter.  That's gotten lost somewhere over the years.  To start with, I'm going to sew up some fabric pantyliners for a friend and then I really want to focus on getting an Etsy store going.
That's it, to start with.  That's quite a bit to focus on in only 30 days.  With the weather here getting warmer and those things, I'll have more than enough to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.