Friday, March 29, 2013

April is National Poetry Month and a Poem {Sick for You}


I used to write poetry a lot in my high school and early adulthood years.  Since April is National Poetry Month, I think I'll take this as a catalyst to work on reading poetry, writing some new poetry, and posting some old ones.

Here's one of my favorites from my past...

Sick for you
On my way to another day of dying
Join me on my journey to wonderland
Where we can run free
and dance to our wild dreams
And be lovers forever in a bottle of wax
And drown in the knowledge of our skinless souls
mixing together like sand
Come with me and we will be free
Just like we used to be
When our love was so easy and we could just be
When 'you and me' were happy being 'we'

© 1994 L. J. Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.