Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What's the Point?


This year, as I work to infuse ACTION into my life, I hope to get a small clue as to what the whole point of life is.... or at least what the point of MY life is.  I've wondered about this for far too long and I really don't think I could stand to go one more year not having a glimpse of the purpose {point} of what my life is.

Do you ever feel like you're just floating randomly along?  This is what I feel like all of the time.  I don't mind the lazy river but I do long for some direction.  I'm in no hurry in life but I need to feel like I'm headed where I'm supposed to be headed.

So, in my quest to round out this blog post... {{I'm not a prolific writer... nor even a very good one}}... I decided to search the Net to see what I could find about "The Point of Life."  Here's a bit of what I found inspiring...
The point of it all is to make a point, to have a reason for being, to be a point of light by making a difference. In other words, the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose. Usually, we don't have to waste time trying to discover our life purpose because it is not to be found, but to be created by us.
If your personal calling is not obvious to you, be still for a moment and ask your inner wisdom for guidance. Franz Kafka (1883 ~ 1924) explains: "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
What's the point of being successful and having plenty to live on if one has nothing to live for? So, pick a cause. It is belief in something greater than you and enthusiasm in pursuing it that makes life worth living.
Some complain about the minor irritants and misfortunes that come their way. But so-called 'problems' are blessings for they provide the contrast that allows us to enjoy life. For example, Canadians love to escape from their harsh winters by visiting Florida and Hawaii. They find the contrast in weather delightful. So it is with the rest of life. The reason we enjoy the good times so much is because of the bad times. So, learn how to accept the bad with the good. Or, as Roger C. Anderson put it, "Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."
Others complain that life isn't fair, but that hardly is the case. After all, rich or poor, male or female, young or old, we all receive the same allotment of 86,400 seconds a day. That's fair isn't it? If some choose to use that time wisely and others choose to squander it, that's not the fault of life, is it? Also, what can be fairer than reaping what we sow?  ... click here to read the whole thing
Ok, so WOW!  See why I innately knew that ACTION was supposed to be my word for 2011.  I should quit trying to "find" and just "create" what I desire in my life.  I guess I should stay tuned in to see what unfolds this year.... to see what I can create for myself and for others.  I must always look to the goodness and to the positive... those are the glasses that I want to see my world through.  I do not deny that the negative exists, I'm just choosing not to focus on that anymore.  So, please feel free to choose to ignore any small rants that I may spew on Twitter.  :)

4 comments:

  1. shitzizle has to be the best username ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. so glad you like it. i laugh every time i see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word? Focus. For a lot of the same reasons you chose action. I need the focus before I can act as everything tends to be scattered causing an inability to act.
    This is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think FOCUS has been my word for the past few years. I'm grateful that I've listened to my inner voice who said it's time to ACT now. :) ACTION will force me to step out and do things that are scary and that are beyond my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.