Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer is here!

Those of us in IL who were complaining last month about how it was too cold are wishing we would have kept our mouths shut. LOL. Today there is no doubt that we finally got what we asked for... SUMMER! It's here, hot and heavy today. The heat index is at 98 degrees already and it's just past 11 am. The humidity is almost stifling.

Dancer is at a week long morning art camp this week. They are doing arts and crafts from around the world all week. Today they are doing Brazil, which is fitting because the area arts council where she's taking them at is hosting a Brazilian artist right now. His art is amazing. I'll make myself a note to post about him soon. I'm hoping that we get a chance to meet him and watch him paint at the upcoming area arts festival.

I stopped at the little thrift shop down the road on my way home, after dropping her off this morning, just to see what I could find. I snagged another Stephen King book, "Four Past Midnight", for our growing collection of his work and a muffin tin. I've needed a muffin tin for ages! I've been using one of those flimsy aluminum ones that I got from buying a tin of dinner rolls from Kroger months back. It's one you're supposed to throw away but I saved it to use because I didn't have a muffin tin. The one I picked up today is big, much bigger than the one I've been using. Here's a pic...


Total on today's finds.... $5.13. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.